Welcome to The Chapter 12 ‘Book People’ Reading Group page.
The Chapter 12 reading group is an informal social group for people who love to read. We meet fortnightly and read one book every 4 weeks. We enjoy meeting half way through a book to talk about it as it is always interesting to hear different peoples’ perspectives on the subject matter.
We meet on alternate Tuesdays at 1.15pm. Why not come along and have a coffee or a glass of wine, you do not need to participate in the discussions unless you wish to.
For more info please pop in to the bar at any time and speak to one of the team or drop us an email email@example.com – or phone 01323 351898
Also – don’t forget to check out our book group rewards program!
A list of the current and previous books read by the group is listed here:
- The Grass is Singing by Doris Lessing [Reading from 1oth June 2014]
- Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison [Reading from 18th February]
- Charles Dickens, A Life by Clare Tomalin [Read from 21st January 2014]
- Adam Bede by George Eliot [Read from 26th November 2013]
- Pure by Andrew Miller [Read from 29th October 2013]
- River of Destiny by Barbara Erskine [Read from 24th September 2013]
- The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson [Read from 27th August 2013]
- The Grass is Singing by Doris Lessing [Read from 30th July 2013]
- Drawing Conclusions by Donna Leon Read from 25th June 2013]
- A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen [Read from 28th May 2013]
- The Five People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
- ‘The Faithless’ by Martina Cole
- Dead simple (DS Roy Grace 1) by Peter James
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
- The Fever Tree by Jennifer McVeigh
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
- Joy in the Morning by PG Wodehouse
- Selected Diaries of Virginia Woolf
- Solar by Ian McEwan
- Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh